Pedro

Pedro
In various states and ages...

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Covert Agent on the Waterfront...

I was a covert agent on the waterfront,
I was looking for duck eggs,
but I knew how to hunt...

When a big ol’ tanker passed me by
and splashed high tides in my eye...
But I didn’t take it as a personal affront,
because I’m a Covert Agent on the Waterfront...

I’m NOT James Bond, but I’ll tell you this:
I like my V-8 with a lemon twist...
When we go out for breakfast I rarely miss,
my V-8 glass with a lemon twist...

I called in some seagulls to talk it over,
I didn’t want them to blow my cover.
I said my Alias was a Handyman,
they said that was cool, they could understand...
“Stop by some time and check out our nests,
and have a little bite of watercress...”
I said, “No thanks, I’m gonna pass,”
but I knew that offer wouldn't be my last...

Seagulls are a gregarious crowd, but...
(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment