Pedro

Pedro
In various states and ages...

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Hallelujah 3 (Oldtiredguy.com)...


My website looks like tired toast...
My FaceBook page is comatose...
Even my new Blog is singing, “Hallelujah...”

My body knows what old age is for...
I keep dropping stuff to the floor...
I’d pick it up, but say, what for?
Sing “Hallelujah, Hallelujah...
Hallelujah, Hallelujah...”

Oldtiredguy.com is where I’m headed,
where smiling house cats are often petted,
and angels sing Leonard Cohen’s, “Hallelujah...”

Seems like everybody else is singing it,
maybe a New Age of singers will bring it,
a New Testament of Reason back into the flock,
get this old tired planet and its inhabitants out of hock,
with Leonard Cohen, ahead by at least a mile,
our guru returning, High Priest of a turbulent
if not exhausting time...

©Peter Bray, 3/20/10 All rights reserved


No comments:

Post a Comment