Pedro

Pedro
In various states and ages...

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Dragonsbreath Encounters...

Cretins and druids I suppose.

I entered their lair because

that’s where the pathway

to the food had led.

One day I entered an elevated room

where the Chronicles were stacked

like washrags on the side of a tub.

I thought that was special...

The bones of cadavers

that preceded me were

evident everywhere...

I learned how to test the water

before drinking with curiosity...

Later when they closed their tent

and moved away I remembered

I had written “Can’t

Find the Pharaoh” there

and “Slingblade 2” and it was all

pretty funny in retrospect...

After the agony and testing,

a dented shield and scorch marks

always smell the same...

Hard to escape through

an air vent by “tunneling out”...

But sometimes a boneyard

is just a boneyard

despite the size of the fossils

and/or the pterodactyls entertained...

©Peter Bray, 1/17/10 All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment