Pedro

Pedro
In various states and ages...

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Old Man with a Blog...

Some walk with a limp...
Some lose their hair...
Some sit in front of the TV and stare...

Some with age grow patient and wise...
Some join the church, and bake berry pies...

Some stay active...
Some fall off a log...
Me, I'm just an old man, but I've got a BLOG!

I try to remember things that I wrote...
Some hysterical still while
others that float...
on angels' wings of inspiration
or dragon's breath of despair...
either way at this age, it helps keep me in my chair...

I don't mean to be demeaning, it's all pretty funny...
Nobody said at 67, I'd still be out working for the money...
to keep me outa bedlam, and dinner on the table...
So, I'm off to work, gotta go, while I'm still able...

Check me out sometime if you really need a laugh...
I'd invite you into the stable, but I really need a bath...
OK, OK, I'm outa here and going...every duck and vessel
at the waterfront avoids the final towing...
©Peter Bray, 1/21/10 All rights reserved

Peter Bray, Handyman, poet/writer...
Blog:
http://taprootandaniseweed.blogspot.com
And check out "The A Capella Handyman,"
every Friday in The Benicia Herald,
Benicia, CA



2 comments:

  1. Walt Whitman used to write glowing reviews about his early versions of "Leaves of Grass" , sign them with hoky names, and send them off to editors of newspapers...What a guy! I suspect if he had had a BLOG, he woulda added his own Comments too...Yeehaw!--PB

    ReplyDelete