Pedro

Pedro
In various states and ages...

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Gardener in the Promised Land...

I worked real hard, did what I was told,
certain in the hole there'd be my gold,
but now I'm tired and so's the dirt,
companies I worked for said they hurt,
had to close down and move away,
happens everyday in the USA,
now I'm a gardener in the promised land...

I'm close to Mother Earth and nature this way,
never let wet weather get in my way,
got rain gear, jackets, a tan up my sleeve,
no corporate cubicle causing me to grieve,
now I'm a gardener in the promised land...

There's work everywhere if you know where to look,
you can tell by the rust or the broken book,
nothing's ever new under the sun,
but fixing broken stuff's not for everyone,
unless of course, you're a
gardener in the promised land...

My college education was surely a Hoot,
brought me several really fine boots,
Wingtips too, and smiles to carry,
ultimately far too many to bury,
so now I'm always busy,
a gardener in the promised land...
Yeah, a gardener in the promised land...

Stop by sometime if ya get a chance,
everybody's doing it, working freelance,
especially if you'd like to see,
what a man becomes in the ultimate zone,
working out of the box, on his own,
a gardener in the promised land...
Yeah, a Gardener in the Promised Land...
©Peter Bray, 2010

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Who is this guy? Cinco Baloop?
    Olaf, Sea Captain of The Valparaiso?
    Pirate Bill? Surely it's...Kris Ravenwood?
    Or maybe, I know...Pedro Los Dos?

    ReplyDelete